Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post-holiday update


Holidays are fantastic! This year I was swamped with todos, parties, and knitting. The highlights of my gift list include an iPod Touch from DH, and a knitpicks kit from my knitting pal(thanks Katie!). I've finished the first 10 rows on the kit - it's a fair isle bag that requires fair isle purling as well.

My family gave me cold hard cash for Christmas and my birthday, so what do you think I did? Why, took up spinning, of course!
Bosworth Midi in Tulipwood
I bought a Boswoth Midi in tulipwood. I have also picked up a variety of fibers, including Corriedale, BFL, Rambouillet, and soysilk. I'm still waiting for a blended batt, but everything else it here.


So far I have spun and plyed the Corriedale and pre-drafted the Rambouillet. The Corriedale is severely overspun in places and moderatly thick and thin, but overall I'm quite pleased with my first product.

The Rambouillet has a much shorter staple length, but it is softer and far loftier than the Corriedale. It held together quite strongly when I was pre-drafting it. It's fluffy! My goal is to spin it a little thicker than I spun the Corriedale, with a goal of worsted weight singles for a hat. I want to work on getting it much more even overall.

Sent from my iPod