Saturday, August 23, 2008

Entering the home stretch - another project done!

DSC03690
Pattern: Cherie Amour, modified to become a skirt
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky
Needles: Size 13, 9, 8 Boyle Circs
Started: August 8th, 2008
Finished: August 23th, 2008
I just finished weaving in ends on my Hiipie Tunic Turned Skirt - and folks, it is fantastic! I love how soft it is, and it holds it's shape well dispite being a little heavy. The lace at the bottom keeps it from being too warm. Also, the hint of purple in the color will go nicely with the plums and grapes I've seen for fall. I can't wait to buy a new top to go with it!
DSC03692
I had to bind off SUPER loose to allow it to stretch as much as the fibbing does.
DSC03694
Here you can kind of see the yoke "pannel." Next time, I think I'll start those decreases sooner and make the yoke a little deeper.
Ta Da!

No comments: