Monday, August 4, 2008

Training and qualifiers

The knitting olymics are fast approaching, set to coincide with the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. Cast on is at 7:00 am CST on Friday, August 8th, same time as opening ceremonies.
I will be competing at the Ravelympics on Ravelry.com with Team Tardis (is my Doctor Who fanatacism showing?).
My events include: Sock Put, Sweater Sprint, and Baby Dressage.I plan to knit four projects in ten days. The "This Tiger Pants" for baby Zeke, two pairs of baby socks in red/orange and green, and a tunic style sweater for me.
So far, I have wound my Malabrigo for This into a ball. I still have to swatch for This and for my tunic, and learn magic loop for the socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! As my mil once said to me "Go baby Go"!!!! Can't wait till it's done and pics are posted. I have too much going on so will live vicariously through you all! Shayne