Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gearing up for the games

I swatched for my This Tiger Pants, using the Itchy Fingers pattern in Malabrigo.
DSC02754
My guage on 7s is 4 stiches and 5 rows per inch, so about on target for worsted weight. I love how the colors pool - we'll see how that plays out in the actual pants, or if it does end up looking more "stripey" as I predict.

I did try a run of "knitting backwards," and I'm so glad I don't have a project that will require that for this Ravelympics. It was doable, but very slow.

DSC02753
Why, yes, this IS a hand-wound, center pull ball. I know, my mother taught me well. :D

I still need to learn Magic Loop, but I figure those baby socks won't take long anyway, so I'll either learn tomorrow night at the Cast On party or Saturday at Barnes and Noble.

Hmm.. I still need to track down the needles I need for my Hippie Tunic.

Alright, I'm all geared up to cast on... Tomrrow at 7am CST - or, perhaps I'll wait until after coffee....

No comments: