Monday, September 15, 2008

Are we there yet?

I'm almost done with my Hills Vest! I'm starting on the front pockets, then I have seaming, weaving in ends, and the i-cord edging to do.
DSC03900

I like how the pocket trim looks with the turning row. It is so clean and easy to fold.
DSC03897
I still have to sew it to the edges after I knit the pockets. I'm planning to make them as deep as is reasonably possible - deeper than the pattern calls for.

Karen's Shawl is coming along nicely too. I finished the second repeat of six total. It's going to start taking a LOT longer though - last night I spent nearly half and hour on two rows!
DSC03901
It looks beter now that I stretched it out a bit. I'm sure blocking it will work miracles, as always. Pretty soon I won't be able to stretch it out the length of my circluars... It almost doesn't fit now. but it is getting easier to knit because the stitches are getting pushed around instead of me constantly having to readjust them.

No comments: