Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On the other needles

I got my yarn for Karen's shawl yesterday, and started knitting to see what would happen. I did switch the decreases to slant the opposite direction.

DSC03894
If you look at the left side here, there is a line of "openness" that follows the outside of the k3tog that is not visible on the right side outside of to sk2p. It seems that the k3tog pulls the stitches next to it out of shape. I'm thinking this is the nature of the k3tog, and not a fault of left-handed knitting.

I don't have another picture, but I did go into the next chart, where the k3tog is on the right side instead with the slant leaning a different direction. There the stitches aren't stretched. I've decided to just leave it and know that it won't be a perfect mirror image. I'll have to see if after a few repeats it looks okay or if I just can't stand it.

No comments: