Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't think I've been here before...

Okay, I have a confession to make - I have NEVER blocked a project before seaming it. I should also point out that I have only seamed one other project, but the fact still remains. So, am I doing this right?
DSC03921
I pinned everything out to measurements (and noticed a few mistakes while I was at it), then lightly misted it with water before leaving it sit overnight. I checked it in the morning, and decided to remove the pins despite some slight curling.
DSC03927
I have since seamed the shoulders, picked up and knit the neckline ribbing, and seamed the sides. Also, the shoulders were VERY wide, so I decided to do some tricky sewing instead of ripping back all four shoulders. I folded the shoulder edge over and sewed it down, then folded the flat edge back over again and sewed it down. It looks so good that I've decided to skip the I-cord on the armhole edging, especially since I definately do not want to make it wider again.
DSC03926
Now I have to pick up and knit the icord on the lower and front edges, then add buttons. Hmmm... I guess I need to go button shopping!
DSC03929
Oh, if I had known then what I know now, I would have cast on fewer stitches for the back front and done fewer waist decreases. I also would have decreased a lot more around the front of the armhole openings and a little more at the back armhole openings. I think that would have provided the room I need for my bust without giving too much room in the lower back and the tummy area. It would also have narrowed the shoulders for me.

No comments: